This week is Teacher Appreciation Week with the theme of "Our Teachers Are Sun-Sational."
- Monday: We are CRAZY about our teachers!
- Crazy hair and sock day
- Tuesday: Our teachers are so COOL!
- Wear cool sunglasses to school
- Wednesday: Our teachers SHINE!
- Wear anything yellow to shine like our teachers.
- Thursday: Mahalo to our teachers!
- Wear a Hawaiian shirt, skirt, flowers in your hair, lei around your neck, etc.
In reading this week we are focusing on the essential question: What do good citizens do? We will focus on the skills of asking and answering questions, author's point of view, and prefixes and suffixes.
In math this week we will continue with geometry. We will focus on triangles and quadrilaterals. We will also continue to practice finding different types of lines and angles. Throughout the week we will practice some problem solving and critical thinking with geometry.
This week we are focusing on our posters for our wax museum projects. A few kids need to finish their final drafts, timelines, and speeches. We will do most of the work on our posters here at school, but if you child would like more than one photo of their person they can print those at home. Remember the wax museum is Friday, May 12th from 8:30-9:30 and we would love for you to come and see the kids hard work on this project!
This Wednesday is also Walk/Bike to school day. We will be doing a walk/bike event from 1:30-2:00.
- 3rd Bike to school day
- 5th No School
- 12th Wax Museum 8:30-9:30
- 12th 4th Quarter Spirit Day. Bring $1 to support the Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch and you can bring a stuffed animal for the day.
- 15th-19th Smarter Balanced Testing 8:30-10:00 everyday except Friday it will be 12:30-2:00
- 19th Field Day - morning
- 29th No School
- 2nd Last day of school!!
Since there is no school on Friday the spelling test will be on Thursday this week.
Code Word: Teachers are Sun-Sational!