In reading this week we will be focusing on the essential question: What are different kinds of energy? We will be focusing on the expository text genre. We will once again be practicing the comprehension strategy of asking and answering questions as we read. We will will also focus on the skill of identifying cause and effect. In writing we will mostly be focusing on putting together bibliographies for Wax Museum as well as sharing opinion writing pieces for Author's chair. This is a great time for student's to hear and provide helpful feedback to improve some already awesome writing pieces. All writing is great, but we can always polish it to make it even better!!
In math we will be focusing on the essential question: How can you solve problems using perimeter and area? We will specifically focus on perimeter this week. As always, please continue to practice multiplication facts at home.
We will have a fun week in science as we are moving into the building process of simple machines! This week the kids will build inclined planes as well as levers. They have been doing a great job of making connections to other every day items that act as simple machines!
A few additional notes:
1. We have about run out of snacks for kiddos who forgot/are unable to bring something. If anyone is willing to contribute something it would be greatly appreciated! :) No food allergies to worry about!
2. We have bumped up the NWEA test dates from May 6th-8th to April 29th-30th and May 2nd (we will skip May 1st as that is the day of the 3rd Grade Musical).
- 3rd: PTA meeting at 8:30am
- 8th: No School- PIR Day
- 12th: Pastries with Parents 7:15-8:20
- 18th-22nd: Spring Break
- 25th: Volunteer Breakfast from 7:30-9:00 in the Library
- 26th: Wax Museum in the gym 8:30-9:30
- 29th-30th: Reading and Math NWEA testing days
- 1st: 3rd Grade Musical 8:45-9:15
- 2nd: Language NWEA testing day
- 3rd: No School
- 6th-10th: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 10th: Miss Stapleton's Last Day
- 13th: Mrs. Gleason's First Day Back
- 13th-17th: Smarter Balanced Testing
- 27th: No School
- 31st: Last Day of School