On Tuesday and Wednesday morning this week we will be taking our winter NWEA tests. We will do reading on Tuesday and Math on Wednesday. This will be from 8:30-10:30. The kids get to chew gum during these tests so if your kiddo has a specific type of gum they'd like they are welcome to bring it, I have some mint gum for them here as well.
With testing this week we are not moving on in Wonders and we will not have a spelling test. We will also be finishing up our Overfishing inquiry projects and presenting them.
In math this week we are still working on division and using our division strategies to divide by 7, 8, and 9. We will also continue with our multiplication memorization. Our facts this week are:2x4=8, 7x7=49, 5x8=40, 7x9=63, 6x6=36, 3x6=18. Please make sure you are practicing these, and all the previous weeks at home, having multiplication memorized makes division so much easier!!
- 14th: PIR day for teachers- No School
- 15th &16th: Winter NWEA testing (reading and math)
- 17th: No PEAK
- 25th: No PEAK
- 5th: Family Fun Night Bingo at 406 Kitchen and Tap Room from 6:00-8:00.
- 7th: My last day before maternity leave
- 8th & 11th: No School-Winter Break
- 12th: Miss Stapleton's first day
- 14th: Valentine's day party
- 28th: End of 2nd trimester
Code Word: NWEA testing