In reading this week we are looking into the essential question: How do animals adapt to challenge in their habitat? We are focusing on the skills of rereading, comparing and contrasting, and using sentence clues. In grammar we will work on action and helping verbs. In writing we need to finish our overfishing opinion pieces and then we are starting a narrative story.
In math this week we are learning how to tell time. We will start with time to 5 minutes and then work on time to the nearest minute. We will end the week learning about elapsed time.
We have a field trip to the Alberta Bair Theater on Wednesday to see Lights! Camera! Math! We will leave the school at 8:50 and return at 11:00. If you have not returned your permission slip yet please return it Monday!
This week is also Dr. Seuss week. We celebrate with a week of fun themes to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday and our love of reading!
- Monday: The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins "Wear any kind of hat day"
- Tuesday: Fox and Sox "Wear crazy socks"
- Wednesday: If I Ran the Zoo " Wear any kind of animal print"
- Thursday: The Sleep Book "Wear comfy sweats and snuggle up with a good book"
- Friday: Hooray for Diffendoofer Day "Hooray for Arrowhead Day! Wear your Arrowhead spirit gear or blue or white"
2016-17 Memory Book order forms have gone home and are due March 7th. You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com ID # 6643317.
- 1st 9:30 Alberta Bair performance Lights! Camera! Math!
- 7th Memory Book Orders Due
- 23rd Science Fair
- 23rd Field Trip to Rocky Mountain College Aviation Hanger (finalizing details on this, but it should be this day in the morning)
- 24th End of 3rd Quarter
Code Word: Field Trip Wednesday!