In reading this week we are finishing up unit 8. We will reread both What a Great Idea and Uncle Rain Cloud. We will focus on the skills of making connections, comparing genres, making analogies, using a thesaurus, and recalling and retelling. In writing we will go back and forth this week between working on our folktale/fables and finishing our diamonte's and cinquian's.
In math this week we will continue geometry by learning how to classify and draw quadrilaterals, describe triangles, and relate shapes to fractions.
In science this week we will start our life cycles unit (the guest teacher ran out of time on Thursday). We will also be using some time this week to create something for Mrs. Derrig to celebrate her and thank her for everything she does for us!!
- April 27: Celebrate Mrs. Derrig day!! (Secretary's Day)
- April 28: Volunteer Breakfast
- May 3-5: NWEA testing for our class from 8:30-10:30 each day
- May 13th: 3rd grade musical 8:45 for the parents
- May 16-19: Smarter Balanced testing 8:30-10:30 each day
Homework: reading log, math review practice page
Code Word: Secretary's Day