In writing this week we are working on folktales. The kids had to come up with a lesson taught in their story and begin from there. Last week we started our pre-writes, and now this week we will begin drafting.
In math we are revisiting all our 4th quarter standards. We will start with geometry, then weight and capacity, graphing, and end the week with measurement.
We will finish our final PLTW conclusion questions for this unit and get our kits put back together. Then on Thursday we are going to do a STEM challenge where the kids will have to build a structure that can support a tennis ball with only the materials that I provide. It should be pretty fun!
This week is the big Go Fish performance! The kids have been working so hard and I really hope you can make it to watch them! The performance is on Friday at 1:30. Ms. Waddell has asked that the kids wear jeans and a bright or neon shirt without graphics or wording if possible. We will have a dress rehearsal for the school at 8:30 on Friday as well.
- Friday, May 22: Go Fish 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 25: No School- Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 26: Field Trip to Zoo Montana. Leave at 9:30, return by 2. We will eat lunch at the zoo so you need to have a cold lunch that day. Also please remember sunscreen and a jacket.
- Wednesday, May 27: Field day 9-11
- Friday, June 5: Last day of school! Noon dismissal
Homework: Reading log, math review sheet
Code Word: Go Fish