We are gearing up for another learning filled week this week! In reading this week we will be reading a story called Scaredy Squirrel, and discussing how we can make changes happen. We will be focusing on the skills of inferring (using our background knowledge and what we read to figure something out), drawing conclusions, and prefixes meaning "not."
In writing/grammar this week we will learn about complete and simple subjects and predicates. We will also work on our personal narratives, where the kids are picking something from their life to write about.
In math this week we are finishing up chapter one. We will be working still on mental math subtraction strategies (I'll put up pictures of the anchor charts as we do them, so you have an idea of the strategies we use). I will also introduce the standard algorithm as another strategy to use for addition and subtraction for those kiddos who are ready for it. We will end the week working on problem solving and reviewing for the chapter 1 test, which will be given next week. I will also get the kiddos their Go Math user names and passwords this week and on Wednesday we will explore the site a bit. I will send these home with them as well so that they can access Go Math at home.
- Thursday: Early Out at noon-lunch will not be served, but the kids can bring a larger snack
- Friday: Mrs. Gleason is gone for a friends' wedding, Mrs. McKenzie will be the guest teacher again.
- Friday: Spirit day, bring $1 and "Pack the school in purple" for Alzheimer's awareness.
- Friday: 8:30 all school evacuation to the St. John's Lillis center for our evacuation drill. This is just so the kids all know the procedure and where to go if we ever need to evacuate the school.
- Saturday: Saturday Live at Pioneer Park
If you still have any items for the Saturday Live basket, please have them in by Tuesday so we can get our basket put together. Thank you for all that you have sent in, it looks amazing so far!
Homework: addition/subtraction/rounding practice, reading log
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a fun day Saturday watching soccer games! Thanks for inviting me to watch!!