This week in reading we will continue looking into our theme question: How can new ideas change our lives and the world around us? We will focus on the skills of monitoring our comprehension, prefixes telling where, making analogies, and identifying the main idea and supporting details. We will also begin our new inquiry projects this week. To begin, the kids will be researching an invention or inventor that interests them. In writing this week we will continue our cinquain's and diamonte's and hopefully have time to start learning how to write a folktale.
In math this week we will continue practicing perimeter and area. On Thursday we will take our perimeter and area quiz. Friday we will start looking at and describing shapes.
Last week in science the kids finished building their animal rescue devices. This week we will present them. We have finished our Project Lead the Way units for the year, so next week we will start a unit all about life cycles. In social studies this week we will learn about how global trade affects our community.
- April 11: No School PIR day for teachers
- April 15: Memories with Mom 7:15-8:15 in the gym
- April 22: No School
- April 27: Celebrate Mrs. Derrig day!! (Secretary's Day)
- April 28: Volunteer Breakfast
- May 3-5: NWEA testing for our class from 8:30-10:30 each day
- May 13th: 3rd grade musical 8:45 for the parents
- May 16-19: Smarter Balanced testing 8:30-10:30 each day
Homework: reading log, division practice
Code Word: Memories with Mom
Last week we got to meet Sloan's sweet dog, Milo. Thanks for bringing him in Sloan!